CHILDREN IN CRISIS
ABOUT THE PROJECT
I worked on this project for Children in Crisis during my time a New Digital Partnership, an agency that specialise in designing for the Drupal platform. This was their pro-bono project and I was the assigned designer.
When I looked at the structure of the site I could see that the IA needed a rethink too, not just a reskin. A lot of the user journeys were overly complex and simple tasks that people are used to making on online sites everyday were pain points. Knowing what the main user journeys were, I created a sitemap for the team to discuss. We worked together to understand the full journey, not just digital, but what any changes would mean offline and security risks.
Once the sitemap was agreed, I started on hand drawn low-fidelity wireframes. Once we got feedback from stakeholders and customers, I created more screens in Axure before moving into Photoshop. During this process we had a workshop with a representative of the RNIB. He helped us to understand how we could reach an AA standard rating and make the Bank the first DDA Compliant product at CAF.
The final website received positive user feedback. Not only did we modernise a very outdated website, but we were also successful in obtaining the AA standard for DDA Compliance. Getting the perspective of the RNIB and testing the site using text readers was a major learning point.