When it comes to creating prototypes, my go-to tools are Axure and InVision. Mockplus could soon be a part of my toolkit. It is a simple piece of kit that easily fits into the agile framework and allows you to quickly create interactive prototypes within minutes.
- A very small learning curve
- No coding knowledge needed
- Built-in components and icons
- There is plenty of screen real estate for the main canvas area
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Auto backup
- The free trial comes with lots of features
- The pro version costs only $20 per month
- I’m not a fan of some of the menu icons as I don’t think that they make it clear what they are representing
- The main MockPlus menu doesn’t feel Intuitive with both a hamburger menu and a dropdown menu
In comparison to the more established tools such as Axure or Omnigraffle, Mockplus is easy for a beginner to pick up, and a useful tool to create a quick prototype.